Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Feeling sexy and beautiful at any size!

Meet my good friend, Brittany.  She is someone who has avoided having her pictures taken because she is a BBW (big beautiful woman).  I finally was able to convince her to let me take her pictures... but her agreement contained certain specifications- I couldn't photograph below her shoulders, and they had to be "close up".  I agreed, because I felt like I could give her some images that she would absolutely fall in love with.  And not only that, but she would have some photos that her husband would show off to everyone he knows!! After she started feeling a little more comfortable with herself, and after realizing that she looked amazing, she really let loose, and we started having some fun!! She has some amazing looking tattoos, and I really wanted to highlight those, since those are part of her.  With a minimalist look with her makeup and her hair down, the images turned out amazing!! I don't think they would have looked quite the same if she had put on heavy makeup or tried to cover herself.  Instead, the focus is brought to her eyes (and they are absolutely AMAZING eyes at that), and you are able to see what a truly beautiful woman she is. 
I think that too many times, we as women, are too concerned about what we "should" look like instead of what we DO look like.  We are not all supermodels.  We are not all a size 0 or have perfect skin.  However, if we are comfortable with ourselves, and accept that beauty is not defined by our size or by our looks... we then become TRULY beautiful.  We become self- accepting, self-tolerant, and appreciative of what makes us unique.  In doing this, our own confidence and radiance shines through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment